my best twenty

The truth is, i dont really read books. i dont enjoy watching telly. but i do watch movies. some from thousand. and this is twenty movies that shaped me in to the person i am today. why twenty? coz i cant pick one from each year, so i pick two (but in 2004 i pick three, i can not not to pick three)! and if you don't know yet, i am a quotes freak.

2000

Bintang Jatuh
sutradara: Rudi Soejarwo
pemain: Daniel Arizona
quotes: "Aku mau kamu ikut aku karena kita searah." - Aira





Cast Away
sutradara: Robert Zemeckis
pemain: Tom Hanks
quotes: "Don't worry Wilson, I'll do all the paddling. You just hang on." - Chuck







2001


I am Sam
sutradara: Jessie Nelson
pemain: Sean Penn, Dakota Fanning
quotes: "Did you hear that? I said I didn't want any other daddy but him. Why don't you write that down?" - Lucy



2002


Gangs of New York
sutradara: Martin Scorsese
pemain: Leonardo Dicaprio
quotes: "My father told me we was all born of blood and tribulation, and so then too was our great city. But for those of us what lived and died in them furious days, it was like everything we knew was mildly swept away. And no matter what they did to build this city up again... for the rest of time... it would be like no one even knew we was ever here." - Amsterdam


Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi
sutradara: Nakae Isamu, Hirano Shin
pemain: Takuya Kimura
quotes: "Look at our scars, it fits, it looks like we are one person." - Yuko








2003


Love Me if You Dare
sutradara: Yann Samuel
pemain: Guillaume Caret, Marion Cotillad
quotes: "Friends are like eyeglasses. They make you look smart, but get scratched and then bore you. Luckily, sometimes, you get super cool glasses. Me... I've got Sophie!" - Julien





Finding Nemo
sutradara: Andrew Stanton, Lee Unkrinch
pengisi suara: Albert Brooks, Ellen DeGeneres
quotes: "Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim." - Dorry






2004


Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
sutradara: Michel Gondry
pemain: Jim Carey,  Kate Winslet
quotes: "How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd." - Marry





Before Sunset
sutradara: Richard Linklater
pemain:Ethan Hawke, Julie Delpy
quotes: "I guess when you're young, you just believe there'll be many people with whom you'll connect with. Later in life, you realize it only happens a few times." - Celine




Wicker Park
sutradara: Paul McGuigan
pemain: Josh hartnet
quotes: "When you see something from afar, you develop a fantasy. But when you see it up close, 9 times out of 10, you wish you hadn't." - Matthew






2005


Brokeback Mountain
sutradara:Ang Lee
pemain: Jake Gyllenhall, Heath Ledger
quotes: "I wish I knew how to quit you."






Match Point
sutradara: Woody Allen
pemain: Jonathan Rhys Myers, Scarlet Johansson
quotes: "The man who said "I'd rather be lucky than good" saw deeply into life. People are afraid to face how great a part of life is dependent on luck. It's scary to think so much is out of one's control. There are moments in a match when the ball hits the top of the net, and for a split second, it can either go forward or fall back. With a little luck, it goes forward, and you win. Or maybe it doesn't, and you lose." - Chris


2006


Apocalypto
sutradara: Mel Gibson
pemain: Rudy Youngblood
quotes: "I am Jaguar Paw, son of Flint Sky. My Father hunted this forest before me. My name is Jaguar Paw. I am a hunter. This is my forest. And my sons will hunt it with their sons after I am gone." - Jaguar Paw




The Science of Sleep
sutradara: Michel Gondry
pemain: Gael Garcia Bernal
quotes: "You have a serious problem of distorting reality. You could sleep with the entire planet and still feel rejected." - Stephanie





2007


The Tracey Fragments
sutradara: Bruce McDonald
pemain: Ellen Page
quotes: "I kinda like to ride a different bus every night depending on my mood. Like, if I'm depressed, I enjoy being around other depressed people. And happy people, they frickin depress me! You know?" - Tracey




Control
sutradara: Anton Corbijn
pemain: Sam Riley
quotes: "I wish I were a Warhol silk screen hanging on the wall. Or little Joe or maybe Lou. I'd love to be them all. All New York's broken hearts and secrets would be mine. I'd put you on a movie reel, and that would be just fine." - Ian




2008


Nick and Norah Infinite Playlist
sutradara: Peter Sollett
pemain: Michael Cera, Kat Dennings
quotes: "There's this part of Judaism that I like. Tikun Olam. It said that the world is broken into pieces and everyone has to find them and put them back together." - Norah




The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
sutradara: David Pincher
pemain: Brad Pitt, Cate Blanchett
quotes: "Would you still love me if I were young and had acne? When I'm afraid of what's under the bed? Or if I end up wetting the bed?" - Benjamin







2009


The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
sutradara: Terry Gilliam
pemain: Heath Ledger, Johny Depp, Jude Law, Andrew Garfield
quotes: "He don't... he don't want to rule the world. He wants the world to rule itself!" - Anton





I Love You Phillip Morris
sutradara: Glenn Ficarra, John Requa
pemain: Jim Carey, Ewan McGreggor
quotes: "I love you phillip morris!" - Steve







2010


Inception
sutradara: Christopher Nolan
pemain: Leonardo Dicaprio, Ken Watanabe, Ellen Page, Joseph Gordon Levit
quotes: "Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up that we realize something was actually strange." - Cobb






Shutter Island
sutradara: Martin Scorsese
pemain: Leonardo Dicaprio
quotes: " Which would be worse, to live as a monster, or to die as a good man?" - Teddy







from year 200 to 2010, that's all folks!

Comments

  1. wah curang nih banyak! hehe. kalo aku sih gak milih dua atau tiga karena aku gak akan bisa menahan diri.... 2004 memang tahun yang sulit tuh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks yas :)

    hahaha, iya ga, 2004 parah, butterply effect terpaksa gak aku masukin ini juga padahal pentiiiiing :p

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment